Our PRF treatments are administerd exclusively by our resident specialist Dr Beena Harkison.
The so-called “vampire facial” was made famous by Kim Kardashian in 2013 when she posted a photo of her blood-soaked skin to Instagram. Blood was taken from her arm, spun in a centrifuge to separate the red blood cells from the platelets and plasma. The platelets and plasma were jam-packed with growth factors that boosted collagen and rejuvenated skin. It created Platelet-Rich Plasma (or PRP) which was spread back onto her face and allowed to penetrate the deeper layers of the skin via micro needling to create a more youthful, glowing complexion.
At Salters & Salters Dental, we have taken the Vampire Facial to the next level, which is called PRF treatment. PRF treatment supersedes PRP and is the next generation of the Vampire Facial.
What sets PRF apart?
- PRF uses less blood
- PRF doesn’t use any artificial ingredients
- PRF contains a more potent blend of stem cells and white cells and more platelets in the plasma allowing for better rejuvenation
- PRF delivers longer-lasting results than PRP
Benefits of PRF:
PRF is a natural alternative to fillers and can be used for:
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Treatment of acne scars
- Improving skin tone and texture
- As a lip and cheek filler
- Hair loss
What does PRF Treatment Entail?
- Firstly, we will draw a few tubes of blood from your arm as one has for blood tests.
- These blood containing-tubes will be passed through a centrifuge machine, which separates the blood into its different components: plasma (which contains PRF, white blood cells and growth factors) and red blood cells.
- The plasma product is what we will use to inject into your face and neck, or as necessary, to trigger the repair and rejuvenation processes using a microneedling pen.
The pen is glided over the skin and microscopic channels are stamped into the skin’s matrix – the structural layers under the surface. Through these channels, the PRF is able to penetrate the skin’s layers, stimulating a wound healing response that initiates intense renewal, repair, and rejuvenation.
The Dermapen device can also be used around the eyes and is gentle enough to avoid bruising around even sensitive skin areas.
As the Dermapen device pierces the skin vertically, it also prevents the skin from tearing, and this reduces the risks of any scarring.
Have a look at some of our success stories:
After 1 session:
After 4 sessions:
After 3 sessions:
At Salters and Salters Dental, PRF treatment is provided by Dr Beena Harkison. She has undertaken extensive training in the field of facial aesthetics using PRF to treat fine lines and wrinkles under the tutelage of the world-renowned Dr Cleopatra Nacopoulos (so-called Cleopatra Technique). Dr Harkison has a strong ethos around regeneration and rejuvenation in the most natural way possible and it is for this reason, that we also offer PRF as part of our Facial Aesthetic treatments.
As featured in: